To contact someone relevant post a message on this page by clicking "Add Topic". (Requires an account). If you don't have an account, click here to create an account.
It has been agreed that as of now the /irc channel is closed, so all public wiki business is to be conducted here instead. It has further been agreed that:
- User-right requests
- technical requests
- account requests
- requests for comment
- on and off topic chat
- site organisation
Will all be conducted here.
Users should avoid using other talk pages for these purposes.
Further, everyone except
me Admin will have to have their user-rights confirmed by a !vote.
Since the IRC is no more, all users should endeavour to put a secondary contact and short intro on their userpage.
- ПРОСТО ЖЕСТЬ. Я ХОЧУ ОБЩАТЬСЯ В IRC. ВЫ ДЕБИЛЫ, А ВЫ ЭТО ЗНАЕТЕ! ХАХАХАХА. Владислав Рязанов (talk) 11:24, 22 May 2018 (UTC)
Request for confirmation (J.Lee-Jenkins)
- support but only if you support mine comrade :) Ilyina (talk) 19:55, 29 April 2018 (UTC)
- support Emblyn (talk) 19:58, 29 April 2018 (UTC)
- Support of course. Arthur Kerensa (talk) 20:16, 29 April 2018 (UTC)
Request for confirmation (Ilyina)
- Support, as if I wouldn't. J.Lee-Jenkins (talk) 19:56, 29 April 2018 (UTC)
- support - but why is your email the main contact?Emblyn (talk) 19:58, 29 April 2018 (UTC)
I don't think too much material should be brought over from Wikipedia. Basically it should have something to do with Cornwall, it's diaspora or South West England. Draft:Smelly Fart is just out of scope. @Arthur please don't bring over all 11,231 of your pages. G5 or no. J.Lee-Jenkins (talk) 22:25, 29 April 2018 (UTC)
- *farts loudly* even Cornish people fart. So that makes it in scope. :D Anyway it's a draft and the scope is yet to be fully defined. Arthur Kerensa (talk) 22:30, 29 April 2018 (UTC)
There's something wrong with the wiki. When trying to edit the article on Truru, I get
You do not have permission to edit this page, for the following reason: You do not have permission to edit pages in the Kernewek namespace.
- @Emblyn I believe this is an oversight caused by the custom namespace config, basically you need +sysop to edit any of the custom namespaces - this includes the Kernewek: space. J.Lee-Jenkins (talk) 15:47, 30 April 2018 (UTC)
- This namespace issue needs to be a priority, it's affecting me as well. Also why is the default skin Minerva? Prince of Thieves (talk) 15:55, 30 April 2018 (UTC)
- I am working on a fix. And the default skin is Minerva because it's mobile friendly for Google, you can switch to vector in preferences if you want, there is also is language support because - MediaWiki. Note the setting will only apply if logged in. J.Lee-Jenkins (talk) 16:05, 30 April 2018 (UTC)
Can someone explain the current policy on bureaucrat flags. Formerly I was under the impression that the site management would be crats (since that was the situation on World Wiki), but Ilyina is a crat and the site management isn't? Arthur Kerensa (talk) 20:17, 30 April 2018 (UTC)
- Ilyina is +crat because of her experience as an administrator on ru.wikipedia.org, it makes logical sense. The site management are not, but do have access to this account if required. Admin (talk) 20:26, 30 April 2018 (UTC)
- Please be aware that the talk: namespace is unmoderated at present. All other namespaces are moderated using MW:Extension:Moderation. Admin (talk) 09:30, 1 May 2018 (UTC)
During the installation of Wikibase we managed to break the search function, this might not be fixable.
We also have more namespaces:
|(Main)||Talk||the mainpage etc.|
|User||User talk||userpages only|
|Dysklyver||Dysklyver talk||this is the 'project' space|
|File||File talk||not used|
|Item||Item talk||used by Wikibase|
|Gadget definition||Gadget definition talk|
|Foo||Foo talk||test space (should be empty)|
|Place||Place talk||Articles on places|
|Kernewek||Kernewek talk||all articles in Cornish|
|Archive item||Archive item talk|
|Book item||Book item talk|
|Building||Building talk||articles on buildings|
|Monument||Monument talk||scheduled monuments|
|Area||Area talk||areas of land, districts, countries|
|Index||Index talk||lists and indices, also navigation|
|Draft||Draft talk||random stuff|
|Legal||Legal talk||law articles|
- The Wikibase install does seem to be broken, new item creation is broken and search is broken. Since no-one seems to know why this is happening we tried to get assistance from the people that created the extension. But they don't offer technical assistance. Wikimedia also refused to help, so in the meantime, please avoid using Wikibase features or the search box. Ilyina (talk) 08:36, 2 May 2018 (UTC)
It has been decided that we will install a new version of mediawiki on a different server and copy over the database. This might be a bit drastic, but it is the only good option. The Wikibase issue has destroyed the internal workings of the wiki. Perhaps a install from the beginning is better. Until this is complete, you can carry on editing as normal, but search will generate internal errors. J.Lee-Jenkins (talk) 13:20, 2 May 2018 (UTC)
The groundwork for the law portal is complete. Other planned portals will bring the list to:
- I thought we agreed you were persona non grata because of the fact you are far more trouble than you're worth? -- Prince of Thieves (talk) 20:21, 16 May 2018 (UTC)
Proposal to ban Dysklyver
- Dysklyver is a globally banned troll and should be banned here too. Otherwise your wiki will always be vandawiki.
To clarify, you want us to ban User:Arthur Kerensa? Why exactly? This is not a Wikimedia project so any punitive action enacted there does not apply here automatically. J.Lee-Jenkins (talk) 10:49, 17 May 2018 (UTC)
- Procedural note. The policy on bans is simply to show the user is in violation of the contributor charter and/or anti-bullying commitment and/or has conducted criminal activity on the site and/or has negatively affected the sites reputation either on or off the site. Admin (talk) 18:04, 17 May 2018 (UTC)
- Support Dysklyver/Arthur Kerensa has been ridiculous disruptive. In addition to sockpuppeting under stolen identities on Wikipedia, for which he was globally locked, he was banned from Wikipedia for gross incompetence, and further banned from all Wikimedia IRC channels. He also somehow manipulated to have my English Wikipedia account globally locked, I don't think I was the only one either.
- I fail to see how this behaviour is even vaguely conducive to a helpful environment, how is a user with proven bad faith movtives and incompetence an asset here? -- Prince of Thieves (talk) 18:11, 17 May 2018 (UTC)
- Strongly Oppose This is clear trolling. This "Scoot" character is probably the same person as the vandal I mentioned above, trying to get me in trouble. I never did anything to get PoT's account locked on Wikipedia, and given the circumstances I can easily say it was entirely his fault. I founded this wiki, no-one has been more useful here than me, and this entire proposal is trite. Arthur Kerensa (talk) 19:13, 17 May 2018 (UTC)
- A checkuser shows no technical similarities between Richard Flockety Cocks and Scoot. Not the same person, and having only just registered is not an issue given that Scoot has clearly come here from Wikipedia, where valid conduct concerns have been raised, and now brought to our attention. The discussion will continue until a consensus is reached. Ilyina (talk) 19:36, 17 May 2018 (UTC)
- support ban. For those that might not know, Arthur Kerensa is the notorious Wikipedia:en:User:A Den Jentyl Ettien Avel Dysklyver. Before he got booted off IRC, he repeatedly made comments like "I only use it to make Drama" and "oh, it's just Vandalwiki" in reference to this site. Mr. M. Mental (talk) 19:25, 17 May 2018 (UTC)
- Support sadly Arthur has been the single most destructive force here. The wiki was not founded by him, rather the wiki was founded by him and two other Wikimedia devs (Zppix & Paladox) with help from at least three others from the Miraheze project. During this period their were a number of useful contributors.
- Two months later I get weird emails from Zppix, find the wiki offline and several services deleted, and find that most the contributors have turned their backs on the project. Or more specifically turned their backs on Arthur, who had somehow assumed control of the wiki. (A primary factor as to why he is not an admin).
- This is unacceptable, and given that Arthur has shown he is incapable of working in a collaborative environment on a wiki, either here or elsewhere. I have no option but to support this. J.Lee-Jenkins (talk) 18:19, 18 May 2018 (UTC)
Complaint upheld. Consistent with the site policy, Arthur Kerensa (username Dysklyver) is hereby permanently prohibited from editing this site or representing himself as affiliated with this project. Enacted as a result of his repeated and serious breaches of the contributor code, this ban extends to prohibit on and off site communication with all project members. Ilyina (talk) 18:40, 19 May 2018 (UTC)
Я НЕ СОГЛАСЕН
- @Владислав Рязанов. Sorry but the decision was made with consensus and will not be so easily revoked. Ilyina (talk) 18:24, 25 May 2018 (UTC)
- This is ridiculous. Someone needs to knock these DysklyverBots on the head with the banhammer. Prince of Thieves (talk) 09:06, 26 May 2018 (UTC)
- Prince of Thieves is needs knock on the head. Придурок жопа (talk) 14:40, 26 May 2018 (UTC)